Markets where potential investments by entrepreneurs and investors are subject to unwarranted risks, will create hesitation for willing participants. As a result, these stakeholders will always seek to mitigate these risks by informing themselves of the legal and commercial environment of a new market before launching potential investments therein.
As part of the “Think Global, Go Global” program, HCLA in cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, organizes a webinar on “Legal Reforms and Business Opportunities in Uzbekistan”.
This event is an exceptional forum for high-ranking economic experts, CEOs, lawyers and trade and investment agencies to discuss the most accurate and latest developments in Uzbekistan’s laws and regulations applicable to foreign trade and investment, alongside parallel issues of dispute resolution and potential business opportunities in a growing market.
Time & Date: 29 October 2020 │ 10:00 – 12:00 CET
- Opening by Mr. Dilyor Khakimov, Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Benelux Countries
- Investment Legislative Reforms in Uzbekistan by Mr. Bakhrom Rakhimov, Ministry of Justice
- Promotion & Protection of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) by Mr. Nikos Lavranos (HCLA)
- Ownership of Enterprises & Corporate Income Tax by Mr. Askar Jumanov, Tashkent State University of Law
- Investment Arbitration in Uzbekistan and Central Asia by Pierre-Emmanuel Dupont (HCLA)
- Legal Reforms in ADR Mechanisms of Uzbekistan by Ms. Diana Bayzakova, Chamber of Commerce
The webinar consists of short presentations and Q&A sessions, so we can only accommodate a limited number of participants. The event is free of charge.
Registration is possible until October 28, 2020. Please send an e-mail to [email protected]
Registered participants will receive a confirmation e-mail together with the login instructions (zoom webinar).