HCLA is a network of professionals consisting of individuals, institutions, and law firms across a wide range of disciplines. HCLA offers legal and arbitration services and organizes courses, conferences and workshops in the fields of international law, trade & investment, international arbitration, due diligence, and risk management.
HCLA currently offers two internship positions open to law graduates who wish to put their knowledge and experience into practice while performing specific legal tasks in HCLA office in The Hague.
Interns are involved in all aspects of the work done by HCLA, including, but not limited to:
- Legal research
- Working on arbitration and litigation cases
- Drafting legal notices
- Performing a variety of tasks that support HCLA lawyers in doing their work
Duration and payment
- The duration of the internship may vary from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 6 months.
- Internships at HCLA are preferably on a full-time basis.
- The assignments to be undertaken by the intern and the remuneration (stipend) to be paid by HCLA will be determined by HCLA and the intern and may vary depending on the intern’s skills and work experience.
- Candidates must be graduated from a recognized law school or be in the final stages of their LL.M. program. Priority will be given to law graduates who are well versed in private international law, international arbitration, intellectual property law and/or comparative law and who have an excellent academic background and a proven interest in commercial and contract law.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and preferably Dutch or German, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Italian or French is an asset. Candidates must have superior writing skills.
- Candidates must be EU citizens or have a Dutch residence permit valid for at least 3 months. Selected applicants are responsible for meeting their immigration requirements, arranging their travel and accommodation and obtaining personal insurance coverage.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a letter of intent to [email protected]
Please write “HCLA-Internship 2020” as the subject of your email.