HCLA is a network of professionals consisting of individuals, institutions, and law firms across a wide range of disciplines. HCLA offers legal and arbitration services and organizes courses, conferences, and workshops in international business law, trade & investment, international arbitration, due diligence, and risk management.
HCLA is currently offering a legal internship for young lawyers and law graduates who aspire to work on international cases and related issues under the supervision of HCLA members.
A selected candidate, based on the level of legal knowledge and experience, will be involved in all aspects of the work done by HCLA, including, but not limited to:
- Support and coordination of arbitration and litigation proceedings
- Conducting research on various topics of private international law and business
- Drafting legal notices, commercial agreements, and case/agreement summaries
- Conducting KYC/due diligence reviews
- Assisting HCLA attorneys and experts with their day-to-day tasks
- Handling client communications and attending meetings
- Preparing related content for the HCLA website and social media
- Applicants must hold an LLM degree from a well-regarded law school, have excellent academic records, and have a demonstrated area of interest in private international law, information technology law, international arbitration, intellectual property law, and/or international business law.
- Applicants must have at least 1 year of related work experience.
- Applicants must have proven knowledge of the common law system, particularly UK law and jurisprudence.
- Applicants must be fluent in English (Native or C2) and have excellent written, oral, analytical, and communication skills. Proficiency in Dutch, French or German is an advantage.
- Candidates must be familiar with office software, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Skills in matters related to AI, smart contracts, and blockchain will be considered an asset.
- Applicants must be EU citizens or have a Dutch residence & work permit valid for at least one year.
- The HCLA office is located in The Hague, so applicants must be able to work weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in the office.
Duration and payment
- The duration of the position may vary from 3 to 6 months, with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- The intern’s duties and remuneration will be determined by the HCLA in accordance with relevant Dutch law and may vary depending on the applicant’s skills and professional experience.
- Selected applicants are responsible for meeting their immigration requirements, arranging their travel, accommodation and obtaining personal insurance coverage.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a letter of intent to [email protected], or apply through LinkedIn,no later than 14 November 2021. Please write “HCLA-Internship 2021/2022” as the subject of your email.