When it comes to expanding business opportunities across borders, entrepreneurs, policymakers, lawyers, and corporate executives, can navigate more firmly when they possess the necessary information to tackle any challenges that may arise. As a country along the Silk Road, Azerbaijan is opening its doors to foreign investors, companies, and interested stakeholders seeking to do business in it, or alongside it. To harness the necessary information for a successful business venture, the HCLA- GSGS webinar will seek to allay inherent risks attached thereto, by virtue of presenting an overview of the business opportunities that Azerbaijan has to offer, as well as to highlight the legal reforms and challenges that have occurred in its development.
The event is part of HCLA’s “Think Global, Go Global” program and will be held in cooperation with the Graduate School of Global Studies at Doshisha University (Japan), the ADA University (Azerbaijan), the Embassy of Azerbaijan in the Netherlands, the Alat Free Economic Zone, the Azerbaijan Ministry of Communications and High Technologies, the Azerbaijan Export and Investment Promotion Foundation (AZPROMO), and local partners, including the Caucasus Consulting Group of Companies.
Renowned experts, officials, and academics will discuss contemporary issues within the legal, economic, and geopolitical perspectives as they relate to Azerbaijan as one of the main hubs of Asian-European commerce and trade.
DATE & TIME: 25 February 2021 (10:00 a.m.‐ 12:30 p.m.) CET
TOPICS AND SPEAKERS
- Prof Hisae Nakanishi, Dean of GSGS– Welcoming Note
- H.E Ambassador Fikrat Akhundov– Opening
- Valeh Alasgarov, Chairman of the Board of Directors-Alat Free Economic Zone, “Investment opportunities in the non-oil sector in Azerbaijan: example of Alat Free Economic Zone.”
- Prof, Masanori NAITO, Doshisha University, “An overview of Azerbaijan’s neighboring countries’ foreign policies.”
- Fariz Ismayilzada, Vice-Rector of ADA University, “Economic and Political Benefits of the Transport Corridors.”
- Yusif Abdullayev, Acting President- AZPROMO, “Investment Climate and Business Opportunities in Azerbaijan.”
- Shahin Ismayilov, Head of International Division, Ministry of Transport, Communication and High Technologies, “Strategic role of Azerbaijan in inter-regional transport and transit relations.”
- HCLA Analytical Report on Mediation and Arbitration Procedures in Azerbaijan.
- Q&A Session
Who Can Participate?
- This event is available free of charge to a limited number of legal professionals, scholars, diplomats, and business managers.
- Registration is required to attend the event. https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lYVVqlIuT_OhyFMq234q6g
- For any further information, please contact HCLA via [email protected]